Promoting Community and Court Relations

From Case Manager Daren Mills

As a new Case Manager here at Bronx Community Solutions, I went to my first Community Advisory Board meeting on Wednesday, September 30th. Attending these meetings is one of our ways of promoting and enhancing communication and creating partnerships between the courts and the community. Through my experiences, I’ve come to understand just how important it is for any community based organization to partner with other organizations in order to provide better services to the community.

At the meeting, representatives from lots of our partnering service providers were present. In addition, there were representatives from the Bronx District Attorney's office, the FDNY, the Bronx Borough President's office, and the 161st Street Business Improvement District. As the meeting went on and various people spoke, ideas started to come to my mind about possible future collaborations. By the time the Community Advisory Board meeting concluded, I had gained a better understanding of the impact that Bronx Community Solutions has in the community. It was also great for me to be able to put faces to the names of the different people that I will undoubtedly come across while working at Bronx Community Solutions.

When I think about the structure and reputation of Bronx Community Solutions, I look forward to adding another dimension as I deal with clients in the clinic and work in the community on our other initiatives.

Comments