New Year Resolutions from the Bronx


Whether it's saving for a new car or going to the gym more often, now that we're toe-deep into 2011, it's time for Bronxites to start thinking about their wishes and resolutions for the new year.
Herewith, a sampling from some prominent and regular Bronxites:
Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
Resolution: "To fight with every fiber of my being to have a living-wage bill in front of City Council in the new year."
Wish: "I would like to have a new four- or five-star hotel in the
Bronx!"
City Councilman James Vacca (D-East Bronx)
Resolution: "To spend more time with my family. With my
BlackBerry and Facebook, people can reach me 2-4/7. And NOT to be tweeting in the years ahead!"
Wish: "To get to the bottom of why the city was not prepared for the Dec. 26 blizzard - and make sure it never happens again."
Marlene Cintron, president of the Bronx Overall Economic Development Corp.
Resolution: "I'm gonna hit Arthur Ave. more for my bread and cheese, Fordham Road for my daughter's Ugg boots and 149th St. for my flowers."
Wish: "At minimum, 3% lower unemployment and a quality four-star conference center hotel."
Assistant
Chief Carlos Gomez, NYPD Borough Commander
Resolution: "Other than working hard to make this a safer borough, to meet even more of the good, caring people of the borough."
Wish: "That all the people of the Bronx - and the hard working cops out there - have a safe and productive new year."Read more:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bronx/2011/01/02/2011-01-02_resolving_to_make_2011_a_better_year.html#ixzz1A0Zdgbqu

Comments