- The Holiday party for children, which will take place on December 20th at Gehrig Plaza. The Plaza, which runs from Morris to River avenues, will be adorned with Holiday Snowflakes.
- More than 5,000 trees have been added to the neighborhood by the Parks Department. In addition, a Skate Plaza and the River Avenue playground are currently under construction. Both the Skate Plaza and River Avenue playground are scheduled to open next Spring.
- Local artists and designers are holding an art sale today, December 11th, in the lobby of 811 Walton Avenue.
- Concourse Plaza has just completed a major upgrade of their security system. In addition, The Caridad Restaurant in the food court at Concourse Plaza has re-opened under new management.
- The demolition of Yankee Stadium is continuing on pace. With the outer walls currently being removed in sections, temporary sidewalk closings are expected along River Avenue.
- Two more solar powered trash compactors have been provided to the district by Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr.
Friday, December 11, 2009
With the Holidays coming, Cary Goodman (the Executive Director of the Bronx BID) has provided a heads up on some events/happenings that are taking place around the neighborhood. They include: