With the Holidays coming, Cary Goodman (the Executive Director of the Bronx BID) has provided a heads up on some events/happenings that are taking place around the neighborhood. They include:
- The Holiday party for children, which will take place on December 20th at Gehrig Plaza. The Plaza, which runs from Morris to River avenues, will be adorned with Holiday Snowflakes.
- More than 5,000 trees have been added to the neighborhood by the Parks Department. In addition, a Skate Plaza and the River Avenue playground are currently under construction. Both the Skate Plaza and River Avenue playground are scheduled to open next Spring.
- Local artists and designers are holding an art sale today, December 11th, in the lobby of 811 Walton Avenue.
- Concourse Plaza has just completed a major upgrade of their security system. In addition, The Caridad Restaurant in the food court at Concourse Plaza has re-opened under new management.
- The demolition of Yankee Stadium is continuing on pace. With the outer walls currently being removed in sections, temporary sidewalk closings are expected along River Avenue.
- Two more solar powered trash compactors have been provided to the district by Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr.